Travel to the Bay Area
Typically when I travel to the Bay Area, I feel like a horse with blinders, my sights focused on meetings and what needs to be accomplished. Last week, I looked around more than usual and had some interesting conversations:
- Moshe Babaioff: Structure of subdominant strategies and their usefulness.
- Aranyak Mehta: That is so paperware!
- Ashish Goel: What will be an open architecture for auction platforms? (like OpenFlow is for IP routing).
- Lars Backstrom: Say people vote only when their votes matter. Dynamics in small committees.
- Sivakumar: What is the rate of growth of information consumption?
- Ravi Kumar: PTAS for Jacard median. Interesting stuff. Ravi has been giving plenary talks, we need to see the slides, we need to see the slides....
- Jasson Schrock: new YouTube skins.
- Kunal Talwar: Is budget-limited auction design a foundational research problem of interest?