Video Hangout Update
My experiment of being on Google+ video hangout with the world for an hour each week is on. We have discussed:
- Algorithms for learning a matching in graphs.
- Algorithms for top k under funky similarity measures.
- Algorithmic issues in H-index and its variants.
- Is there any dataset in Computational Biology that needs a MapReduce system?
- Stochastic histogram approximations.
- People seem to invite me on my regular gmail and not the one I set up for this purpose: firstname.lastname@example.org (Instructions: invite email@example.com into your circle on your Google+ or email me, I will add you to my video hangout circle; then, at the suitable time, go to our Google+, you will see me hanging out, join the hangout!)
- Hangout time does not work for some, so people have been reaching out to me out of band.
- No hangout this Wednesday Sept 28, next hangout will be Oct 5.
- From now on, hangouts will be Wednesdays 8--9 CA time, 11--12 NY Time.
- I am considering the idea of having hangouts on specific topics in the future: MapReduce algorithms, Compressed Sensing and sparse approximation algorithms, Differental Privacy and its Extensions, Revenue optimal mechanisms, Ad Exchanges: new problems, etc, Any feedback will be highly appreciated.