Sunday, September 04, 2011

Algorithmicist in the Field: Google+ Weekly

Labor day weekend is a good landmark, interns are gone and stalled projects in research labs will restart; students are back at universities and new semester will begin; summer will end and fall will burst out; it is time for last hikes and new beginnings, etc.

I will be on video hangout on Google+ every week, Wednesdays 9 AM -- 10 AM EDT (NY Time). Anyone can join me on the hangout. The idea is, we can talk algorithms in theory, systems, field or otherwise; we can talk problems, solutions, patents, techniques or angst about the state of the world; we can look ahead and seek directions or look behind and summarize; we can talk courses, careers, conferences or about the cult of research; we can be students, professors, researchers, and be in any part of the world.

What you need to do, if you want to join me in my hangout:
  • Have a google+ account. If you dont have one, get an invite or email me at muthubyshance@gmail.com.
  • Go to Google+, add me (muthubyshance) to your circle and join my hangout anytime during the period specified above. If you cant find me or have problems, email me at muthubyshance@gmail.com. You will also get updates from me on google+ if I am in one of your circles.
This is obviously an experiment, but for some time, I wanted a channel to have real time conversation about our issues in addition to the existing channels of the single speaker on the pulpit mode (blogs/lectures) or the post and seek mode (of cstheory.stackexchange.com) or hunt and find the proper subset of people mode (of live conferences).

ps: This will start on Wed, Sept 7.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't find you on google+

9:38 PM  
Blogger Dimitris Leventeas said...

Me neither.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anon and Dimitri,

Please email me at muthubyshance@gmail.com and I will invite your emails.

-- Muthu

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home