Sunday, May 01, 2011

Short Comedy Films at the Y

There is a scene in Godfather 2 when Robert De Niro tenderly looks down upon his son in the crib in defused light, and there is my favorite Keith Haring's painting on the left of a father holding his child high. In reality, life is not as serene or playful, but for an evening, I can enjoy movies, holding the only 14 month old at the The Iron Mule Short Comedy Films shown at the Tribeca Y. I got to see some amazing shorts in the April edition. In Houseguest, Julian Assange (of WikiLeaks fame) is an awful houseguest. In the adorable Oktapodi, two octopuses try to escape. In The Man in the Blue Gordini, a radical clothing revolution targets the monochromic orange totalitarianism, thanks to the Pied Pier in blue Gordini. In the Sounds of Summer Camp, a NFL training session becomes a rap song. The hilarious Bacon is a 12 part documentary journey through the myth, legend of bacon. In "Television is a Drug", the TV tries to get your attention. And finally, in Regrets: Kid, a mother faces her forgetfulness.

3 Comments:

Anonymous London Theatre Tickets said...

Interesting read about short comedy films, Short comedy films are my favorite.I can watch them over and over again.

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Lalitha Sankar said...

Really, you took your 14-month old to the movies? Tell me the secret. Maybe we'll come out to Manhattan just to hear that. Hope all is well.

xx

8:12 AM  
Blogger Luca Aceto said...

My daughter and I have really enjoyed Oktapodi. Thanks for the pointer.

I have the feeling you will like this Taiwanese short cartoon. The illustrator is Jimmy Liao.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home