Saturday, January 23, 2010

Avatars

Like others, I have many simultaneous avatars, but others see me as something even beyond.
  • When I travelled with long hair, officials at airports thought I was a musician. Alas, I have no musical bones, cant sing, strum, hum or drum.
  • One day years ago when I dropped several hundred dollars getting my hair braided in San Diego, the braider --- who came from Africa --- was convinced I was a bollywood actor. Alas, I am a mutt, can't hold an accent, posture or a pause.
  • Yesterday, hair thining, holding dry cleaning in my hands, I rode up the elevator with a Mover who asked, "You, a film Director, Man?" Alas, I can't cue or orchestrate, and not meander.
Anyway, why am I telling you all this? I watched Avatar last night, in 3D. Suspend your thinking, enter and enjoy the bioluminescent Na’vi-land, I left the film theater wishing I could hop over trees, ride a Toruk, and be wallet-less.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happens when you tell these people that you do computer science? :)

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home