Sunday, August 17, 2008

Call for Ideas

In the past, when I had ideas/projects, I would work hard on them and when done, package, scrutinize and fix before I release them to my peers. Instead, these days I get my thoughts out soon as they pop up, as \beta's and tweak them later based on feedback! :) Anyway, here are two of my projects.
  • Gagan Aggarwal and I are doing a tutorial in upcoming FOCS on Sponsored Search Auctions. I am going to focus on the role of budgets in ad campaigns: how they are spread across repeated auctions, multiple keywords, different search engines etc. In particular, my focus is of course on theoretical results about (a) optimizations (b) strategic behavior and dynamics of the game, and (c) creative formulations and approaches. If you have any suggestions for results, directions, references (in CS or Economics or Game Theory), please email or post. Help and advice will be much appreciated. Non-standard suggestions welcome.
  • Anindya Ghose, David Pennock, Sergei Vassilviskii and I are organizing a NY area Computer Science and Economics Day (NYCE), to be held October 3, in, yes, NY. More details will come soon, but for now, think of it in the style of NY area theory or database days, or Bay Area ones. Our goal is to bring together researchers not only in CS, Economics, and Game Theory, but also in Marketing and Business and broadly others who analyze, understand, predict and affect economic activity on the Internet. Any suggestions, interest, recommendations etc. greatly welcome. Please email.
Thank you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One suggestion is not to forget about the political scientists!

I look forward to hearing more about it...

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about setting up a mailing list for the NYCE day, so people who are interested can get updates about it?

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to get political scientists involved, hopefully in the future versions. The current version of NYCE does not seem to have an explicit, card-carrying political scientist.

-- metoo

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home