- I signed up to be a CI Fellows mentor this time. Deadline is Monday, May 24th.
- I heard Benny Pinkas talk about some of his recent results. Starting from the simple task of backing up ones' files on the cloud (eg., Mozy, Dropbox), he motivated the security pitfalls of deduplication (cloud does not maintain multiple copies of the same file). Very interesting!
- Consider the DJIA plunge a couple of weeks ago. What modeling, theoretical analysis will give us better insights into how financial market dynamics work?
- Kishore Papineni told me about certainty equivalence principle in stochastic optimal control, conditions under which forecasting and optimization may be separated. Note to self: need to follow up!
- And I heard a local wise researcher call someone the "go through" guy. :)