Monday, April 14, 2008

Here is a Book Off

Several years ago, I went to a bookwriters-only party, I was not a bookwriter then, so I had to go as one's "date". I continue to peek into the world of bookwriters from outside. One of my fave bookstores is Book-Off from Japan; below, is a different kind of book-off:

NY Times has an article today about Mr. Parker who has written over 200000 "books", with some help from the computer. The author may have algorithms for creating and populating book templates with facts, may be factoids, and some predictions. So, there seem to be interesting technical challenges. Genres from crosswords, poetry, animated games, statistics to romance novels.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a youtube video showing the book creation process... http://youtube.com/watch?v=SkS5PkHQphY

-- Iftah

11:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

www.bookoff.pl

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home