Saturday, November 03, 2007

Guest blog by a summer NYer

Guest blog by the NYer, Amit Chakrabarti: he dalayed a little, I dallied a lot, and this post appears now, several months after his visit, and the summer, alas, already gone.


A visit to New York somehow seems like a return home to this Bangalorean, despite the fact that until summer 2007, he had never lived there. Thanks to The Braided Algorithmus, that has now changed. It was a real pleasure living in midtown Manhattan during July 2007 and interacting with the sea of talent at Google NYC.

New York somehow manages to show you something fascinating every day. On this Fourth of July, the Sight of the Day was not the fireworks on the East River (quite spectacular, thank you), but this rather prominent advertisement of some of my host's research (See the photo).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muthu, I did not know that you are into graffiti art these days....

Cheers ;)

Piotr

PS. Is this photo copyrighted ? I am asking seriously - I would love to use it my streaming course slides, if possible.

9:58 PM  
Blogger metoo said...

Hi Piotr,

Amit tooks this photo, it is fabulous! My guess is he would be happy to see it make it onto course slides! :)

Metoo

4:14 AM  
Blogger AC said...

Piotr, feel free to use this photo in your slides (with attribution, heh heh!) -- seriously I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that wall.

-Amit C

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home