Saturday, April 14, 2007

Taxing time

After a brief shutdown (wearing the Engg hat for sometime), I am trying to catch up on my blogging ideas. I know people say "today is the first day of the rest of your life". But it always feels like it the second, may be third day of the rest of my life and I am already behind.

Yesterday, in an attempt at celebration, I went to watch Craig Ferguson do standup comedy at comix club. He is clever (remembered the "Venti Sherry on the Christmas morning" of his from a while ago): when I watch him, I constantly feel he is going to lose it all anytime and the show will just explode into a place nobbody can handle. Wildly fantastic. Btw, the guy who opened for him (apologies, I forget your name, you were terrific!) said, "Internet, they sprung it on us. I mean, go back and watch Star Trek, looking into the future, with its gadgets. We foresaw cellphones. But, Internet? Nobody foresaw that! Star Trek characters don't say, "The Romulans, they just instant messaged us." or "Let me google the Romulans."." Funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home