Saturday, February 17, 2007

My BADs

In a few hours I am going to UK for the Bristol Algorithm Days, yes, not Algorithms Day. My plan is to give a talk on Algorithms for Sparse Approximation problems, this time working in Compressed Sensing, Non-L2 norms, as well as the recent matrix rank approximation results. This talk is slowly taking a shape where I think I should write a survey. Btw, it is good to see algorithms researchers in UK spread out to Bristol, Bedfordshire, Liverpool and beyond, to add to Kings, Leicester, Edinburgh and Warwick. I like travelling to UK and the throbbing algorithms community in UK is going to give me another opportunity in March when I go to attend the Workshop on Algorithmic Game Theory at Warwick.

There is the IntErnational Symposium on Combinatorics, Algorithms, Probabilistic and Experimental Methodologies that goes by ESCAPE. I recently got an email from the ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce which I think occasionally goes by ACEC. A pdf for some conference acronyms from Springer is a perverse fun to peruse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are throbbing algorithms?

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home