Sunday, June 25, 2006


Seriously, what do we call a person who does Algorithms research? Algorithmicist is unwieldy. And rhymes with spooky things. I used Algorithmer. It did not get much support. And it rhymes with materials, which may also be undesirable.


Anonymous D. Eppstein said...

My first thought would be "algorithms researcher". It's longer than any of your suggestions, but has the advantage that people are more likely to recognize the words.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Algorithmician? Algorithmist? I don't see how you get to algorithmicist naturally; the ci isn't justified.

In Europe, people say Informatician / Informatiker, but of course this represents a wider category, e.g. including Complexiticists :-)


7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


9:27 AM  
Blogger Jeff Erickson said...

"Computer scientist"

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Algo-man !


12:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's very sexist Piotr! ;-)


1:17 AM  
Anonymous B said...

(alternately, use the fullname)

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in Greece we call it :


1:06 AM  
Blogger metoo said...

- I find it difficult to tell CS researchers in other areas that I am an algorithms researcher. They all think they do algorithms, whatever their area: ML, PL, Networking, Databases, ...

- Algorithmas, I like! Let me be silly and say, Algorithmas Maximus. Sounds strong.

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in greece although an algorithmer is starving.

So, you can call him poor

9:37 PM  
Anonymous cheap viagra said...

Typically, when an algorithm is associated with processing information, data is read from an input source, written to an output device, so I think that it can be one of the best professions in the world!22dd

10:08 AM  
Blogger Shijun Lin said...

shijun 6.5
coach outlet online
louis vuitton handbags
cheap oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet
abercrombie & fitch
oakley sunglasses
abercrombie store new york
ralph lauren home
true religion
hollister clothing store
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
true religion sale
toms outlet
michael kors
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
tory burch outlet
kevin durant shoes 2015
michael kors bags
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton handbags
ralph lauren outlet online
jordan retro 11
oakley sunglasses
michael kors
ray bans
louis vuitton handbags
jordan 3 infrared
hollister kids
cheap toms
mont blanc

7:18 PM  
Blogger 750unique said...

oakley sunglasses outlet
coach outlet store online
pandora charms
abercrombie kids
oakley outlet store
nike pas cher
oakley sunglasses sale
ralph lauren polo shirts
oakley sunglasses cheap
coach outlet
tory burch handbags
chanel handbags
cheap ray bans
coach factory outlet
true religion
pandora jewelry outlet
air force pas cher
ray ban glasses
louis vuitton borse
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
mont blanc pens
tory burch outlet online
cheap oakleys
cheap air max
michael kors
soccer outlet
hollister outlet
ed hardy uk
michael kors uk outlet
michael kors outlet online
gucci borse
mcm outlet online

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home