Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Postdoc?

My research interest is fairly focused these days, mostly on problems in ad systems: algorithms, optimization, game theory, data mining, whatever. I pursue problems that I intuitively feel are relevant to the application, or new directions that I think should be developed by the community. It occurred to me, I could use a postdoctoral researcher to brainstorm ideas and solve problems with. May be it is late in the season to look for candidates. Anyone out there, interested in being at the Rutgers neighborhood and thinking about these exciting problems?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try a European postdoc.

In Europe the starting date for postdocs is very flexible (as well as finishing the phd).

Actually, when I was starting to look for postdoc positions, I was surprised to be "too late" in the US.

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With the dearth of faculty jobs this year, I doubt you are too late even for US-PhD postdocs.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip and encouragement, I am seeing a trickle of applications. Will follow up.

-- Metoo

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jerry Neumann said...

Not interested in the position, but in the research itself... I'm pretty involved in the field (you've linked to my blog in the past, reactionwheel.blogspot.com) but seen very little academic work from people who know what's going on. Would love to chat. Email me at ga[append last name] at gmail if you've got the inclination.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I am in.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Meena Mani said...

I'm wasn't sure where to leave this message--I have a backburner project that I can't get published because it doesn't have the weight of a big name. It also needs some additional rigor--I only know the experimental results which are very good for the data set. Was wondering if you would be interested in looking at this --it may not have much merit and the naysayers might be right. On the other hand, it could be a very useful. I already know that for my application it is.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home