Sunday, May 04, 2008

GTA 4 comes home




Life is complicated. I've killed people, smuggled people, sold people. Perhaps here, things will be different.
So, Nico says as he sails into the Liberty City, a virtual world dead ringer for NYC in GTA 4. The local newspaper has a brilliant review of the game, in A Strange City Called Home. The reviewer tries to find his favorite and familar spots and fails. :)
Faced with this catastrophic revelation, I turned to a life of crime. I hijacked cars and crashed them into traffic poles; I raced a motorcycle through Central Park and dismounted just before the bike plunged into the lake (my way of letting the boathouse know I won’t be holding my wedding reception there). I jumped off the observation deck of the Empire State Building, just because I could, though I took no pleasure from the sickening scream my character let out, nor the sound of his jacket flapping in the wind, 86 stories to the ground.
I am off to the stores to buy GTA 4.